Configuring The Nvidia Shield (v8.0.0)
Go to Settings > Storage & reset > Transfer files over network, to turn this feature on.
You'll be presented with a
- User name - the Nvidia Shield generates it but you can change it
- Password - the Nvidia Shield generates the password not you
that you can use on a networked PC to access SHIELD folders.
Make sure your PC is on the same network as your SHIELD.
Activate SMB1 Client on Windows 10
This is a legacy protocol and it´s client is disabled by default, to enable it:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off link.
- Expand the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support option.
- Check the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client option.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Restart now button.
After completing these steps, you'll once again be able to see and connect to network devices running the old protocol on your local network from your Windows 10 computer.
Accessing The Nvidia Shield Shared Folder
On windows start menu run the following command:
You can also permanently map your SHIELD as a network drive by right-clicking on "Network" in File Explorer and selecting "Map Network Drive". Select an unused Drive letter.